Tuesday 13 June 2017

Back to Birchington

We revisited Birchington on -Sea  on Sunday and had a lovely walk and delicious Sunday roast at the Minnis Bay. We haven't been since last year and I wanted to gather further photos and sketches of the breakwaters which have provided a rich source of inspiration for my recent series of artworks.

Also  an appropriate place to celebrate   my quilt being selected for Fine Art Quilt Masters at the Festival of Quilts. Being one of only 20 shortlisted from entries all over the world is a real honour! I'm not sure of the etiquette in showing you the quilt yet as is still has to be judged so I'm erring on the side of caution.





 As a change from breakwaters, I've also been studying the layers of the cliffs, I'm thinking of a tryptich.




1 comment:

Sandy said...

Oh Wow! Congratulations and well done! You must be over the moon.
So pleased for you.
Sandy