I ran out of large plastic boxes for packing up fabric in my studio so had to go to Wilkinsons for more. And while I was going to West Ealing, I thought I'd take some glass items to the charity shop which entailed finding the tissue paper and bubble wrap and sorting out the front room ( shoving stuff under the table) so I had a flat surface to wrap them.
So after lunch as a change from packing, I finally got round to putting my 'Sew-Ezi' table together. Finding a clear area was a bit of a challenge. While quite straight forward and excellent instructions, it took 3 goes of putting it together as with the recommended 2 spacers , my Bernina stood a little proud and I made the mistake of taking one off rather than adding one on... I must put it away again now, hand sewing only at the moment, but I'm looking forward to using it, it feels very sturdy.
Meanwhile my computer desk needs clearing, still have boxes of documents from work that need sorting but I'm more interested in deciding on what masterclasses I want to do at FoQ this year , to be ready for booking on Monday. I've also been practising alto part of 'A Gaelic Blessing' for memorial service in a few weeks time ( caterwauling with earphones on, probably just as well that the builders next door are drowning me out) and of course checking emails.
We did have a grand plan of what needed doing in each room and a rough idea of what order things needed to be done in but the devil is in the detail. When I said I was 'project managing' our move, I knew it would be complex - the examples used when I went on a training course were nothing like as complicated. Just as well we don't have specific deadline, but do feel we're making some progress.