Sunday 19 June 2011

Some Colouring-In

 Apart from cooking, shopping and ironing , this weekend has been mainly spent Colouring-In having selected several potential ideas  for Brentford Boat series
 Some of the materials used - watercolours; neocolour crayons; grey pitt pens; inktense blocks and pencils. First time trying the inktense blocks (I love my pencils!) and I'm not hugely impressed - even with a gripper they're very crumbly, like conte. Nice colour range though - must add indigo and olive green to my neocolour collection.

 Started off with watercolour which was fun but decided really needed tonal studies. So printed out traced sketches onto thick copier paper  and tried some schemes out. Next step collage.

1 comment:

Alex said...

Some interesting colour combinations there. I rather like the grisaille/monochrome one.