Sunday 13 February 2011

Recycling Rejects

 Remember this? Experiments on the theme 'Pearls, Pearls, Pearls ' which didn't lead anywhere apart from some cogitating about my design processes and preferences.
Looking through my box of rejects I wondered whether I could resurrect it into a journal quilt (or 2) on the circle theme.
 So I've chopped  it up, rearranged components and put to mellow on the design wall. I'm thinking of quilting around some of the pearl shapes  in the overlays and cutting back the organza to reveal what's underneath.
I  haven't forgotten about the Petri dishes - I chose composition 'g' from my paper collages and constructed it in fabric. Now I need to see whether stitch will unite the elements -or not. In any case  it will be interesting to use it as a stepping off point for abstraction and see where it takes me.
Meanwhile Ian is continuing to ask 'What about the Weir?'

1 comment:

fabriquefantastique said...

very attracted to the last image...