Monday 12 October 2009

Knit and Stitch and Autumn Colour



It's obviously obligatory to document purchases from Knit and Stitch. I had my spending money budget and I stuck to it despite the purchase of a wonderful African basket which wasn't on my list but is both beautiful AND functional! Apart from that I bought sari thread; fabric paints;Jae Maries book ;'Art of the stitch' Catalogue; Valdini threads; cotton organza; African batik 1/2 metres.
And a brief opportunity to document the 'red time' in our garden - even had lunch outside on Sunday between showers. I have a running battle with Virginia Creeper but I must admit it looks wonderful at this time of year.
Meanwhile, after first day of conference spent on registration desk ( sods law, the first person to register , from Brazil, wasn't on our list....) it seems a world away . Good to catch up with people from other countries, continents and times. And the red medicine helps. Time to set the alarm for 5.30am..

4 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

You may put all those items you bought at Knit and Stitch in that lovely basket and ship them to me. VBG Seriously, those are exactly the purchases I would have made! I'm drooling...

Chrissie said...

Nice collection - well done for resisting temptation to FILL the basket!

neki desu said...

healthily jealous of your virginia creepers. mine tend to fry in the summer.

Margaret Cooter said...

Irresistible basket - I would have brought one home too, had I seen them!