Friday 10 August 2007

Sewing Space, Old Place


When is the best time to start a blog?
Probably not when about to move house but then there'll always be reasons not to do things .

I've been writing annual Xmas letters for 10 years about my work, travels and textiles which recipents seems to enjoy and I also like to look back on. I'm also in my 5th year of making 'Journal Quilts' (A4 size , one a month) so I guess a blog is the next logical step. I've certainly been enjoying many art quilters blogs, particularly those that emphasise the process over the finished product ( must be the scientist in me that likes the experimental bit best)




I've been sorting through the photos on my computer, backing them up on a external hard drive prior to the move and found pictures of my sewing room in the loft prior to 3 lots of stuff consigned to storage. With the shape of my design wall I'm surprised I didn't make any triangular quilts!

The 'LoveNest' as it was advertised was what sold my flat to me 11 years ago ( having 2 bedrooms AND a playroom/studio). Despite having to shin up a ladder, it's been my favourite room, spending many happy hours painting and sewing listening to Classic FM

Since Ian moved in 3 years we've needed a bigger property to house contents of 2 x 2 bedroom flats plus thousands of books. We're finally moving in 2 weeks time - our specifications were exacting needing a large office/studio each. Although I will be sad to leave, I look forward to taking over the largest room in our new house.

1 comment:

Mage said...

Wonderful to meet you. Any time is a good time to start a blog. :)